There is a vast world of work out there in this country, where at least 111 million people are employed in this country alone–many of whom are bored out of their minds. All day long. Not for nothing is their motto TGIF — ‘Thank God It’s Friday.’ They live for the weekends, when they can go do what they really want to do.
Amen to that. The weekends are a haven for many creatives that use that time to enjoy making the things they really can’t help but create!
So what are you doing with your time? Here’s a few things I’ve been enjoying lately along with a special announcement at the end of this short post!
Enjoy a little freedom from the work week!
- Castle Rock – Yes, the first season has wrapped, but I waited until the season was almost complete before jumping into this highly anticipated show from the minds of Stephen King and J.J. Abrams. Delightfully creepy, full of twists and dark turns. Plenty to keep your imagination guessing! I’m only 2 episodes in but hope to get closer to the finale over the weekend!
- Souper Chats – Dan Newman – Yes, this may seem self serving but if you are a photographer, filmmaker or music lover you’ll want to check out this conversation I had with 3 time Emmy winning Director of Photography Dan Newman. He’s got a great story that is at once entertaining and ultra inspirational!
- Christopher Soukup – I’ve been loving the stillness of these twilight and after dark scenes captured in the photographic work from Christopher. I’m still trying to figure out how he nails a look that is unmistakably night time, yet somehow light and ethereal. His “Cinematic” gallery is superb.
- Vikings vs. Packers – I’m a huge football fan and a lifelong Viking. This weekend is the first match-up this season between these two long time rivals and I couldn’t be more excited! SKOL VIKINGS!
- The Creative Fight by Chris Orwig – Another fantastic book from the talented photographer and author, Chris Orwig. Even though he’s a photographer, this book really applies to ANY creative pursuits and is one well worth spending time with!
You can pick up your own copy via my affiliate link here if you want to help out the site!
- The Nature of Photographs : A Primer by Stephen Shore – I picked up a used copy of this book last weekend and have been enjoying what I have read so far. It’s exactly what it says, a primer on the nature of photographs that shares the work of not only Stephen Shore, but a number of other fantastic photographers. The photos are accompanied by relatively short quotes and comments that help us understand the world of photographs a little better. Or at the very least let us see the world from a slightly different perspective. It’s not one to blast through, but one to savor, which I have been doing since I picked it up.
Again, feel free to grab a copy for yourself and help me out at the same time right here!
- Grab that camera! Autumn is beginning all over the northern part of the US but even if you don’t have any fall colors showing up just yet it’s never a bad thing to spend some time getting fresh air and exploring the outdoors with your camera! Go create something new, try out ideas you’ve been talking yourself out of trying, enjoy the beauty of the world around you.
Ready for the announcement I teased earlier?
Starting on Monday, September 17th, 2018 I’ll be launching one of these ideas of my own right here. I’m taking my own advice. It’s something I’ve never really done or more accurately shared. An idea that I’ve been letting percolate on the back burner for quite some time. I finally decided to just act on it, let it rip and release it to the wild.
As of right now I plan to have this ongoing series come out three days per week on Monday-Wednesday-Friday. That isn’t set in stone and I can’t guarantee this will last more than a few months, but I’m excited to share it with you. I’m equally excited to finally just be taking this from a back burner thought to an actual finished product. So what is the project?
You’ll have to wait and see come Monday but I’ll give you a hint – it involves photographs, haiku/poetry, simplicity. Something different indeed.
Enjoy what I do? Want to help me out?
If you are thinking of making a purchase on Amazon it’s a huge help to me if you use my Amazon Affiliate links here on my site. The shopping experience is the same Amazon you know and love, but I get a little kickback in return for the referral. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It’s a great way to help out here on the site and allow me to do some new reviews and other things going forward.
If you would like to support me and you enjoy what you are seeing here, there is another simple way to help! Hit those SHARE/TWEET buttons down below and let people know about it! I sincerely appreciate it!